New Functions Within RES One Workspace 2016
Yesterday 26th of July RES introduced their new version of RES One Workspace. You can download all of the packages and related material from Succes Center.
After installing the Automated update, I can see it the new version in the splash screen, when I open the console.
Module Licenses are introduced within this new version. There are three modules available.
More Information. On the differences in the modules can be found in the following links
Agents: New Registry setting showing the last used Relay Server.
With the new version the RES One Workspace Agents now write the last Relay Server the connected to successfully into the registry.
Applications: Hide application if file was not found.
RES ONE Workspace now offers the possibility to show or hide an application in user sessions, based on the presence of a file. This can be useful when the application depends on, for example, a script file.
This new release also introduces new versions of AppGuard, ImgGuard, NetGuard, RegGuard and RESNFLT.
RES One Core Edition
If we take a look at the current offering of the RES ONE Workspace we can separate the modules in the following picture. As you can see RES ONE Workspace Core is the foundation.
RES One Workspace consists of 4 Modules that can now run independently of each other.
- Fundamentals for fully secured and controlled desktop infrastructure for users.
- It provides context–aware and centrally managed workspaces for your users that contain all of the right applications, data, printing and personal settings that are essential for their success.
- IT professionals can process any changes and preview their impact from a single central console before altering a user’s workspace.
- gain control and insight about your deployed workspaces.
- Improve your ability to manage your infrastructure with clear logs of changes, current status reporting, and license usage data from all users.
- This module also makes it possible to open or restrict the management console for different administrative roles and create real-time configuration reports.
- Plus, it supports administrators in managing different application delivery techniques.
- Deliver a personalized desktop according to company business rules and compliance.
- Building upon the previous modules, enabling security prevents users from unauthorized actions such as executing certain applications and the use of removable disks.
- You can add or remove these restrictions based on a user’s context.
Microsoft App-V 5.x option: “Hide application if executable was not found” now greyed out when using RES ONE Workspace Package delivery.
When configuring a Microsoft App-V 5.x application to be deployed by RES ONE Workspace, the option Hide application if executable was not found (on the Properties > Settings tab of the application) is now automatically grayed out. This prevents the application from being hidden accidentally, if it has not yet been deployed to the machine that the session is running on.
Updated RES ONE Workspace Agent for Linux
The RES ONE Workspace Agent for Linux has been updated to support more Linux Operating Systems, with specific Linux Kernel versions.
The following versions are now also supported
Linux Kernel version 2.6.18-398:
- CentOS Linux 5.11
- RHEL 5.11
Linux Kernel version 3.10.0-327:
- CentOS Linux 7.2-1511
- RHEL 7.2
Linux Kernel version 3.10.0-229:
- CentOS Linux 7.1-1503
Linux Kernel version 3.10.0-229:
- RHEL 7.1
Linux Kernel version 3.10.0-123:
- CentOS Linux 7.0-1406
- RHEL 7.0
Linux Kernel version 2.6.32-573:
- RHEL 6.7
Linux Kernel version 2.6.32-504:
- RHEL 6.6
And off course in this release RES resolved some issues